*Formerly Veterans & Veterans Families Counselling Services (VVCS)
Open Arms Veterans & Family Counselling & Support
Open Arms provides free and confidential counselling to anyone who has served at least one day in the ADF, their partners and families. You can find more information via the Open Arms website and by phoning 1800 011 046 for an intake. Open Arms eligibility criteria includes:
- Current serving Royal Australian Navy, Australian Army and Royal Australian Air Force personnel
- ADF personnel transitioning to civilian life
- Ex-serving members
- Partners and children of serving and ex-serving personnel
- Ex-partners who are co-parenting
- Reservists with one day continuous full time service or hazardous service.
- Where there has been a death of a service person, parents and siblings can also access the service. We provide free and confidential counselling and support.
Fix It Counselling is a registered WorkCover provider and provides approved services to workers who are struggling to adjust to life and cope after a workplace injury or accident. For WorkCover referrals to Fix It Counselling, please liaise with your treating GP/Dr and WorkCover Case Manager.